Jennifer Rollin is a therapist and founder of The Eating Disorder Center in Rockville, Maryland, who specializes in working with adolescents and adults with eating disorders including, anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder, body image issues, anxiety, and depression.
Jennifer has experience working in a variety of settings including, an outpatient mental health clinic, therapeutic group homes for adolescents, and a sexual assault crisis hotline. She serves as the chairwoman of Project Heal's national network of eating disorder treatment providers. Jennifer has been named as one of the top eating disorder experts in the world by Balance Eating Disorder Treatment Center.
Jennifer has a certificate in Enhanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders. She also has a certificate in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. She is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. She is on The Junior Board of Directors for The National Eating Disorders Association. She was invited to serve on the conference committee for The National Eating Disorders Association's 2018 Conference.
Jennifer is an expert writer for The Huffington Post and Psychology Today. Her professional blog was named one of the top eating disorder blogs in the world. Her articles have reached thousands of people through websites, magazines, and books, including, Eating Disorders in America: A Reference Handbook, EatingDisorderHope.com, Anxiety.org, NationalEatingDisorders.org, and Social Work Today Magazine.
I believe that every client is an individual and needs an individualized treatment program. Therefore, my practice incorporates elements of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Two other big influences in my practice are the health at every size and body positive movements.
I am passionate about helping individuals to recover from eating disorders and body image issues.
I am grateful to have been able to help many people to find freedom from eating disorders and body hatred, to discover self-compassion, food freedom, and body appreciation.
Upcoming/Recent Speaking Engagements
- Tools for Healing From Body Image Issues, The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals Gala, December 2018.
- Georgetown University Clinical and Psychiatric Services, Health At Every Size, November 2018.
- Orthorexia: An Unhealthy Obsession with 'Healthy Eating,' ABC News Channel 8, August 2018.
- Profile on The Eating Disorder Center, PBS TV, August 2018.
- Weight Stigma in Eating Disorder Treatment, Binge Eating Disorder Association & National Eating Disorder Association Conference, November 2017.
- Treating Patients With Body Image Concerns, Willow Oak Therapy Center, November 2017.
- Eating with Self-Compassion, Recovery Webinar Series, November 2017.
- Invited Speaker, The National Eating Disorder Association Walk, Baltimore, October 2017.
- Concerns Over Netflix's 'To The Bone," Fox 5 News, Washington D.C., July 2017.
- Body Image Work for Patients Recovering from Eating Disorders, EDRDPRO, June 11, 2017.
- Self Care and Self-Compassion, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, April 2017.
- Clinical Approaches for Treating Body Image Concerns, DC Therapist Connect, February 24, 2017.
*I am taking on a limited number of new therapy clients. If spots are full, I am happy to refer you to another clinician or put you on a wait-list.
"Jennifer Rollin is one of the leading eating disorder experts in the country, and one of the most passionate and dedicated therapists I've ever worked with. She has excellent knowledge and expertise of evidence based treatments for eating disorders, and in addition, really goes the extra mile for patients and families - ensuring that every client who works with her has the tools to reach full recovery."